Drupal Technical Lead
Build the internet of tomorrow, today.
You’ll act as the technical lead on Drupal projects. You’ll lead technical discovery and work with the design team in early project phases to build a bridge to implementation, with an emphasis on content modeling and information architecture. You will consider technology ecosystems, integrations, and the general solutioning of problems with an eye to scope and value to our mission-driven clients.
Reporting to our Director of Technology you will contribute to the resilience of our code-base practice.
Candidates for this full-time (32-40h/wk) remote position must reside in the US or Canada. If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us.
- Proficiency and fluency in Drupal 8/9 is a must
- Excellent communication skills. Not only do we like talking, you’ll also be speaking with our wonderful clients.
- Understand Agile methodologies and be able to accurately scope tasks and estimate anticipated effort that solve problems within the project budget
- Mastery of web fundamentals. You must know how to bend the internet to your will using our basic tech (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, OOP, git). Please give us work samples (projects, code, URLs) so we can admire your masterpieces.
- Deep expertise with the Drupal API and module development. You know when to site build, and when to get deep into code.
- A breadth of experience integrating technologies via APIs and web services.
- Employed DevOps strategies, including continuous integration, testing, deployment, and truly owning the toolchain.
Bonus points if you know about
- CRM integrations
- Drupal 7
- Drupal cloud hosting providers (Pantheon, Acquia, Platform)
- Frontend development, and frameworks such as React
- Other platforms like Wordpress, Craft, Svelte, or Gatsby
- Decoupled models
- Accessibility best practices
- QA practices, including automated testing, and regression testing
Working With Us
People are at the ♥ of everything we do.
Kalamuna is driven by a civic spirit to help socially impactful institutions, nonprofits, and governments better communicate with constituents and do right by the people they serve. We bring digital communications to life for organizations as varied as Fair Trade USA, GreenBiz, the American Foundation for the Blind, the Environmental Defence Fund, the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Stanford, and the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Kalamuna’s mission is to empower our clients with the research, strategy, design, and technology that will transform their organizations to better serve the needs of their audiences and communities. Kalamuna aligns itself in this manner to make each of our client’s missions our mission. We seek to be impactful, not only for our clients and partners but for the social good of our communities.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development; we’re in this together. Kalamuna offers many benefits, including paid holidays, PTO, paid bereavement leave, parental leave, health insurance, long and short-term disability, a continued learning & travel stipend, an equipment fund, and retirement funds with 3% match. We offer flexibility in work hours and accomodations. When pandemic-free, we organize company-wide gatherings like team building workshops, conferencing, and additional fun.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be their authentic selves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most. Meet some of our team at https://youtu.be/K1rtt6oKGEs.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ2S+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that complies with applicable laws.
If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us. No exceptions.